Rob <user <at> example.com> writes:

> Openoffice.org version 2.1
>
> A strange thing.  I have recently installed Openoffice.  Set it up with
> an Australian dictionary.  Checked every thing you know color vs colour
> red lines appeared under the correct word.  Every thing was fine.
>
> A few weeks later I started using it.  The underlining of misspelt words
> was not working.  I ran the spell-checker and it thinks that JHJJHHG is
>    OK.  I also noticed that the Thesaurus was greyed out.
>
> I have gone right through options and I can't find anything wrong.
> In desperation I have removed my Openoffice from my machine.  Downloaded
> a new installation and then reinstalled it.
>
> Problem not fixed.
>
> Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
>
> Regards,  Rob

Hi Rob,

Make sure you also reinstall the dictionary files using the Wizard.

Select File -> Wizards -> Install new dictionaries.

If you have documents created prior to installing the Australian English
dictionary files you need to change to language of the documents.

To see if the dictionary is working, after installing the dictionary files and
restarting OpenOffice.org (including closing down Quickstarter) type in the
words color and colour. Color should be marked as incorrect.

You can get the latest Australian English language files from
www.JustLocal.com.au. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the
OpenOffice.org image.

Regards,

Kelvin Eldridge
Creator and maintainer of the Australian English dictionary for OpenOffice.org.
www.JustLocal.com.au