On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:25:49 -0600
jimw wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:

> I've been reading this with some interest,. as I am using the "official"
> version of OO2.1 on Ubuntu Dapper.  I've been doing a lot of editing
> recently, and have never yet had a problem with Drag and Drop.
>
> I will never use the Ubuntu build of Open Office, because I don't trust
> it.  Besides being consistently one version behind, something is almost
> always broken about it.  For a long time they were leaving the Thesaurus
> out, though after a while the Thesaurus could be loaded as a separate
> component.  They had some explanation as to why they "couldn't" include
> the Thesaurus, but on the other hand, using the 'alien' utility, I could
> install the "real" version, with working Thesaurus.

I would love to try using the non-Ubuntu version of OOo too. But I am
on Edgy amd64 and there is no 64-bit version of OOo 2.1, that is,
except for a very unstable beta version.

Perhaps I can install the 64-bit version of 2.04 using alien. However,
I can't find a .deb or an .rpm file of 64-bit 2.04, so I am stuck with
what I find in the Ubuntu repositories. That means 2.04, Ubuntu
edition. If someone can tell me where I can find a .deb or .rpm of
64-bit OOo, I'd be tempted to try it.