On 1/30/07, Phil Spray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Monday 29 January 2007 08:59, James Knott wrote:
> Phil Spray wrote:
> > I am using OO Impress with two monitors; the secondary monitor is a
video
> > projector.  The OS is Windows XP Home with most of the updates
(including
> > SP2); the machine is in a location where Net access is not available
so
> > the latest updates are not on.  (Most of them are security issues but
> > don't worry about that because of the lack of Net.)  No virus or
spyware
> > detection software for the same reason.
> >
> > I can set up dual monitors in the OS and drag the Impress window over
> > the secondary monitor, but when I maximize the window on the secondary
> > monitor and start a slideshow the slideshow images go to the primary
> > monitor instead of the secondary.  The Impress window stays visible on
> > the secondary monitor.
> >
> > I thought of using a switch to reverse the monitors but I cannot find
> > crossover switch for VGA (15pin HD connector).  Because of the long
cable
> > to the video projector, the quality would not be there if I used a
> > splitter cable to two switches.  Distribution amps are too
expensive...

> > Is there a way to force the slideshow to the secondary monitor and
leave
> > the Impress window on the primary?   I think it's not a Good Thing to
> > show the audience all the computer stuff behind the slideshow because
> > they should have their minds on the content, not on screensavers.
>
> Which version of OO are you running.  I believe you need v2.1 to use
> dual monitors.

I think it is 2.1 because it will work on two monitors.  I can drag the
Impress window between monitors but the slideshow always comes up on the
primary. :(
What I think would work well is a 4-way selection:
1) Primary always
2) Secondary always
3) Where the Impress window is
4) Where the Impress window isn't
Default to primary if there is no secondary. (gray out the other choices?)

What I really want to be able to do is see the control window with the
previews at the same time the slide show is up on the other screen.
Somehow I don't think that should be a totally difficult chore, but there
is
probably more to it than that.

I will check on the version when I can get to the machine - it's across
town.

-- Phil

Hello Phil,

If you have OOo2.1:
1) attach the second monitor (or projector)
2) Go to Slide Show > Slide show settings
In the bottom part of the dialog you will see a section called Presentation
Monitor where you can select where the presentation should be displayed.

If I remember correctly, this setting is not presentation-specific but it is
a global setting for Impress.
Note also that if the secondary monitor is not present then (at least in
Windows) the drop down list is disabled.

Cheers,

Michele