On Thursday February  01 2007 8:18 am, Ron Ferguson wrote:
> Dan Lewis wrote:

> >> so it will happen some months later this year, unless you pay
> >> for the Beta? ;-)
> >
> >      Mandriva Linux and possibly other Linux distributions have a
> > small program that will keep the computer clock in sync with the
> > atomic clocks on the web. Does Windows have a similar program? I
> > would think so. For those in the USA using Windows, it should
> > just be a matter of installing and then running the program while
> > connected to the internet. At least this would be a good starting
> > point.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Windows does it by default, it has never been a problem, for me at
> any rate.
>
> Ron Ferguson

      It does what by default: reset to Daylight Savings Time (DST) or
sync the computer clock with the atomic clocks on the web? Even my
Win 98SE resets to DST, but it will only do that on the first Sunday
of April, and on the last Sunday of October reset the clock to
Standard Time. It will not handle changing this at any other time of
the year. If the computer clock is in sync with the web clocks, then
the change will be made automatically regardless of when the change
occurs.
     I just did a Google search and found a number of free programs
which will sync the computer clock to any chosen NTP time server on
the web.

Dan