Robin Laing wrote:
But in this case, we can now start sending ODF files to Word users and tell them to install the plug-in to edit the document. Now if they are normal users in many cases, they will hopefully set the default to ODF and it will spread. :) :)

Aye, but there's the rub: what will they send back to you? This is a one-way converter, from ODF to OOXML.

And, at least as I understand it, this project will never integrate with the Office menus (that's what da Vinci is about), nor will it allow you to change the default file format to ODF.

<Joe