On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 08:10:22PM -0500, Joe Smith wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
>
> >... So my question was how-to change embedded tabs to spaces.
>
> This will change every tab to a single space:
>
> Search for: \t
> Replace with: (type a single space)
> Regular expressions: ON
>
> To accomplish the same in vi:
>
> :1,$s/\t/ /g

        I've been using vi ever since Bill Joy finished it,
        <<whenever-ago>>, but there are still tricks I don't know.
        [[ My fingers know most of it cold, tho:) ]]

        Thanks for the regex deal for OO.  I may have used '\t' and a
        space (or '\040').  Been too long ago.

        Can you clue me in on how to change inline block papagraphs to
        paragraphs with 5-space indents?  I've had to do it by hand for
        the most part.  --There may be a pop-up or dialog that permits
        indenting under the Formatting header.  I've got a 100 page ppaper
        due this year, and while it willl not be tht much of a burden to
        by-hand format everything, _isn't that what word-processors are
        for_?

        gary