Dan Lewis wrote:

>      No, it is not just you. The very purpose of Microsoft is to get
> people to use only MS products. It has integrated Outlook's spell
> checker with Word for example. So, people seem to assume (wrongly)
> that Outlook is just another part of MS Office.
>
> Dan

I should have been a little more clear.
What I meant was has anybody else noticed an uptake in the amount of
"Does OO have anything like Office" lately?  I've seen a few e-mails
talking about Publisher, as well, but lately it seems to be Outlook.
And I'm not saying that OO should or should not have an e-mail client,
but I think that if there isn't, maybe there needs to be more of an
explanation of why OO doesn't have it other than what's in the FAQ
(http://user-faq.openoffice.org/faq/ar01s09.html#OUTLOOK).  Your
explanation, for instance, or "at this time there are more than enough
e-mail clients out there, free of cost and free of Microsoft, that
creating or merging one into the OO project would be redundant, and we
want to spend our time on other areas, such as improving OO-MSO
compatibility."