Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> Russell Butler wrote:
> Linux distributions.
>
> [cut]
>
> But, as Michele said, creating a new document via the OS (File > New >
> OpenDocument Text), rather than OO.o, does not use the default template!
>
> Peter HB

Sorry Peter, I need to read more thoroughly, don't I. That isn't a
technique I use for creating files normally.

Would it work after a full restart including Quickstarter?

I'll answer myself on that one - NO. Just tried with a "virtual"
WindowsME  installation with OOo 2.1 and it does open with Times New
Roman, despite default template being set to Bitstream Vera Serif.
Probably should be reported as a defect, if it affects anyone
significantly enough.

Regards

Russell