Hi Marc
No, I was too hasty with my first msg. I should have ALSO said that I cannot print at all from MSN Hotmail. It prints (after much puzzling) just a header - no print text body. I feel it is Microsoft being unco-operative with OpenOffice. I've now read some other Users msgs and see that I could try Thunderbird instead of outlook. I'm so ignorant I don't know whether Internet Explorer is the same as Outlook. So I am about to visit a thunderbird site and start finding out.
The printing problem is real, tho.
Francesca

Maybe this comes from OpenOffice. I use some other laptop, and prints (Canon i550) are always slow, but I don't care.
Marc H.

Francesca Johnson a écrit :

Hello
I am an 'older' ! user - english-speaking, living in France.
I bought my laptop in UK, found the MS Word s/w was for 3 months only, and chose to go to OpenOffice for word processing. My machine is a (cheap) PackardBell XP Home and seems to collect problems for fun. However, since installing Office I have found the my Printing (to a HP 3600 series inkjet printer) is EXTREMELY slow. I wondered if there might be something I've done wrong with the Office installation. On Word, the printing was good and fast.
Any ideas ?