<KJazzman22 <at> aol.com> writes:

> Sirs:
>
> I am at present using Lotus SmartSuite,but am thinking of using  OpenOffice.
> SmartSuite appears to be getting unstable.I don't want to use  M.S.Office(far
> too expensive).I have heard good things about Open Office.
> So can I Export all the SmartSuite items into Open Office?--Easily?
>
>                          Best regards--K.J.Massey

In theory, some Lotus files at least can be imported: http:
//wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Filter/FilterList_OOo_2_1

(Had to split that link for gmane; I hope Nabble is back soon.)

When I made the change (because I wanted to switch to Linux and cut all ties to
Windows), I had to save my Lotus files as M$ files (oh, the pain and nausea).
The spreadsheets suffered the most.