I've read the master document guide and tried to follow the examples but
I can't get it to work for my documents. I used the same template for
the master and all the subdocuments. When I insert the first subdocument
(after setting up the master document with a title page etc.), I can see
the subdocument section line at the top of the subdocument and the text
(one paragraph - a single empty line) at the top of the page. (The
"first" subdocument I'm inserting is actually the last subdocument - I'm
following the guide's approach.) The first page of the subdoc has a
"first chapter page format" and the following pages of the subdocument
have just a "chapter page format" (the headers and footers differ). When
I insert the next subdocument, I lose this text area which causes the
"first chapter page format" to change to just the "chapter page format".
I can't get this to work.The same problem occurs with the newly inserted
subdoc. What am I missing?

Rick B.