On Sunday February  25 2007 8:41 pm, James Knott wrote:
> Terry L. Mitchell wrote:
> > I can see how this guy made you bow down and worship God and you
> > really didn't want to. Get a life wimp his sig. doesn't do any
> > damage to anyone.
>
> FWIW, about a half hour ago, a couple of bible thumpers appeared at
> my door.  I advised them they were on private property that is
> posted no soliciting and no trespassing and that they were doing
> both.  I told them to leave the private property.
>
> Religion is a delusion that has no place in a technical mail list.
> If he wants his delusion, that's his business, but I and many other
> prefer that he keep that nonsense to himself.

     There are also many on this list who would prefer not to read
what you wrote in your last paragraph. They would prefer that you
keep this nonsense to yourself. But, then that is their opinion the
same as you have made yours. If you have the right to decide what is
nonsense and what is not, do they also have this right?
     For a person to write "God bless you" in an email is not
necessarily religion. But it is part of who the person is. We all
need to be careful in what we would not allow others to do. By
limiting others, we also limit ourselves.
     My personal opinion is this: there is no room on this list for
what is known in at least the United States as political correctness.

Dan