Peter Dodge wrote:
> Will Open Office disable or override any other programs when
> downloaded?  I would like to try it, but do not want to cause any
> problems right now.

No, it will not on download, but when you install it, you will be asked
if you want to make it the default application for MS Office files.

Incidentally, please do not make your signatures in such a way, that
they become part of the replies.  In order to send you this reply,
without including that offensive material, I had to cut 'n paste into a
new reply, after deleting it's entire contents.