Dan Lewis wrote:
> On Wednesday March  07 2007 6:41 pm, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
>> If I enter values in several cells in a row, moving from cell to
>> cell with the <TAB> key, when I hit the <ENTER> key in Excel I am
>> placed in the cell on the next row that is just below the cell I
>> started in. Is there a way to cause this behavior in OO-Calc?
>
>      While you have Calc open, use
> Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Calc > General. The first item under
> Input Settings is "Press Enter to move selection". To the right is a
> drop down list. The Default setting is Down. For example, if you are
> in cell E5 after entering values in B5 throught E5 and hit <ENTER>,
> the cursor moves to E6. It will not go to cell B6. In fact, the
> places the cursor will go from E5 is D5 (Left), E4 (Up), F5 (Right),
> and E6 (Down).

Thanks for pointing that out. It works for moving from one cell to one
of the ones to the right, left, up, or down, from the current cell. What
I want to do is to start entering data in a particular cell, tab to
another cell, enter more data, tab to another cell, enter more data, and
then, upon hitting <ENTER> be placed directly under the cell from which
I started.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens