You are welcome.

[Lengthy description of problem deleted]

>SO!  Any ideas what's going on?!
>Any way to access a "data source URL" directly - to try to input
>sdbc:address:evolution:local directly?

My error is sdbc:address:thunderbird

>Anything that might need installing to access those mysterious missing
>data types?
>
>And, do you use Evolution on a Mac?!

No, Thunderbird.  I don't know if Evolution exists for the Mac.

Can you open an issue on this? This should affect both UNIX and Windows systems.
It appears that the Fedora project is building their own version of
OpenOffice.org
that will read the Evolution address book and create a database object that can
be used for several different purposes.

James McKenzie