Try it! In OpenOffice Writer, you have the option File > Export as PDF.
But try it on minor pieces first, because there might be format differences between your OpenOffice document and the resulting PDF file.
Marc H.

Alan Stevenson a écrit :

Hi Guys

I was wondering prior to purchasing a $200 program,  IF I can use OpenOffice to
write an E-Book????

The program I'm looking at is "E-book Pro 6" I remembered I had OpenOffice and
wondered if it would write PDF files as most ebooks are in PDF format.

Sincerely
Alan R. Stevenson