Harold E. Strain wrote:
I recently had two problems develop:

One is I created a folder which was located in MY DOCUMENTS using
Microsoft XP Professional. I had several files assigned to the folder. One day when I entered this location the folder and its assigned files
had disappeared.  In trying to find where it may have shifted I
inadvertently changed a setting and now I am unable to find the window to
reverse that decision.

First, can the program HIDE folder and not show it on the monitor?  To my
knowledge I did nothing which would automatically HIDE a folder.

The inadvertent change, was the disabling of a depressed key to
automatically repeat itself.  I turned this feature off and now I have to
depress a key each stroke  to move the cursor.

Your help would be appreciated.

Harold Strain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
What makes you think OpenOffice has anything to do with this? From what you have said it sounds like a pure Windows [usage] problem. OpenOffice can't hide files/folders.

The best I can suggest is that you ask Windows to *search* for the folder (or one of the files you put in it) by name. Press Start, select Search and then select "All files and folders". Enter the name of the folder or file in the "All or part of the file name:" box. Click "More advanced options" and select "Search hidden files and folders" and also "Search subfolders". Now click Search and make yourself a cup of coffee while XP searches your hard disk(s). With any luck the location of your folder/file will be displayed in the "search results" pane. Once you have found the folder, *right* click on it and select "Properties". If "Hidden" is checked, uncheck it and click Apply. If "Hidden" isn't checked then I don't know why it didn't show up in the first place unless you were looking for the wrong (misspelt ?) name or in the wrong folder. Or perhaps you moved it to the waste bin, in which case restore it by *right* clicking on it and selecting "Restore".

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England