Hi,

My husband has just bought a new laptop and we still haven't been able to
get it connected to the internet. It has Microsoft Vista. I have Microsoft
XP and have windows 2003. We can't download my 2003 software on his new
laptop. We have bought the open office suite for my husband's computer and
it has been successfully downloaded onto the laptop.
So you have one laptop that you can't get connected and another that
you can get connected?

We have written a document, in writer, and need to send it via the internet
to a user who only has Microsoft Word. She cannot open our document in Word
as it doesn't recognize Open office. If open office is compatible with
Microsoft office, why is this happening, and is there anything to be done
about it?

You need to save the document as MS file format. Alternatively you
could use the menu option of file > send > document as MS word. This
will send the document in a format that can be read by MS Office
users.

If the answer to the last question is no, how do we get our money back as it
says in the ad," money back if not satisfied."?

Regards Marion and Roger Llewellyn Smith

You can of course ask for your money back however you won't be getting
any from people on this list. If you want your money back you need to

Just for the record, OpenOffice is freely downloadable from here :
www.openoffice.org. It is open source and this list serves to answer
questions for people that have downloaded this product. It sounds like
you paid to obtain OpenOffice (which is perfectly legal) - but again,
you need to go back to the people that you paid the money to if you
want a refund.

/paul

--
Vista is "dramatically more secure than any other operating system
released" Bill Gates