Hi,

I recently upgraded to 2.1 and noticed all the menu fonts disappeared
with only icons remaining.  Document fonts were fine.

I tried several things, looking at recently installed libraries, testing
permissions, and so on.  Nothing was revealing the problem.  Everything
looked correct.

After renaming the work directory, and reverting back to old version.
Nothing seemed to be working.  I had another machine and tried
navigating the menus with no fonts (sort of interesting - poke and
hope).  Restarted the X, still no luck.  Only open office was being
affected.

Then for the heck of it, I looked at system fonts.  I remember Windows
apps freaking out over some odd fonts, so experience paid off.  The
problem was a theme used a new font called "ClearyU alternative glyphs".
When I changed the font to Ariel - Bingo!  Menus were back.

I'm not sure this is in the FAQ, or even on your site. I tried searching
the web, newsgroups, most mention document fonts.  I thought maybe this
info could help someone else out if added to the FAQ.

I'm not sure if there is a way to detect if a font loaded successfully,
but maybe there should be a fallback font in case there are any errors

Thanks
Regards,
Rich