linuxmaillists wrote:

> On Monday 09 April 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> In writer I can set the default font to whatever I want
>> it to be so that a new document starts with that font.  I
>> have not found where I can do that with Calc.
>>
>> Running 2.2.0 Linux native OOo version on Fedora Core 6
>> not the FC version
>
> I think the only way is to change the default style to
> whatever you like
> and then File → Templates → Save…
> Then File → Templates → Organize… → Double click the
> folder "My Templates" →
> Look for your template → Right click it → Set As Default
> Template.
> Now, create a new spreadsheet to verify that your favourite
> font is being
> used by default.
> It's probably not necessary to change the default style. I
> think another way
> is to select all cells, change the font, then follow my
> steps for saving a
> template and making it the default template.
>
> Thank you Johnny Andersson!
>
> --
> If the word following begins with
> a vowel, the word you want is...
> to read the rest of this, go here
> http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/a.html

I believe it's better to change the default style.  Otherwise, you need to
change the format of every cell on every sheet.  I have not tested that but
I imagine it would add considerably to the size of the file and detract from
its performance.  Furthermore, the "default font" would not apply to any
sheet subsequently added to the file.