I would submit that Imperial is much more sensible than metric for many purposes, since most of the universe does not scale by powers of ten, and the only reason it was originally conceived was to make paper calculations easier. Now _that's_ what I call obsolete.

Donald.
[please take any arguments to this off-list; it's not really relevant to OOo.]

John W. Kennedy wrote:
Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
By the way, it's not animosity about the metric system per se, but an argument for useful support of Imperial measurements,

There is no such thing. The Imperial system has been obsolete since 1995.