[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I would submit that Imperial is much more sensible than metric for many purposes, since most of the universe does not scale by powers of ten, and the only reason it was originally conceived was to make paper calculations easier. Now _that's_ what I call obsolete.

Donald.
[please take any arguments to this off-list; it's not really relevant to OOo.]

Hmm .. makes sense, but then why did you post this argument on-list, given that it's not relevant to OOo?