I downloaded openoffice2.2 and it came through on my computer, when I went
to open it, it said it had a virus.  I had a time cleaning up my computer  and
removing openoffice.  Has anyone else experienced a virus when they
downloaded?  My computer was fine till I downloaded this.  I do have  an
anti-virus on
my computer and it picked up openoffice has a  virus.

There are some anti-virus products that report false positives when it
comes to OpenOffice. If you download OOo from www.openoffice.org then
you are as close as you can be to be assured that there is no virus in
the download.

To make absolutely sure check the MD5 after downloading.

/paul

--
Vista is "dramatically more secure than any other operating system
released" Bill Gates