On Saturday 21 April 2007 05:01, Gerard Chrzanowski wrote:
> Anyone:
>
>   I purchased OpenOffice 2.0.4 CD, as my WinOffice2000 is incomplete.
> (Partial Install on machine which I bought used)  After arrival, I
> anxiously tried to install it.  It would not install on my W98SE.
>
>   The following occoured:
>
>   "Insall Software" prompt appeared.
>
>   clicked 'yes'
>
>   got message:"Package requires New Version of Windows Installer...Do you
> want to install it now?"
>
>   clicked 'yes'
>
>   got: ! - Device Already Exists!
>
>   Clicked 'OK'
>
>   got:  X - Setup Unable to find File!
>
>   Clicked 'OK"
>
>   Install Aborted.
>
>   Tried 12 Different ways.--Cannot Install.
>
>   Any ideas, or did I waste the $15.00 on this program, and it needs to be
> installed in 'File 13'??

Probably, considering you can download it for free. I suggest you just
download the current Windows version from the Open Office site,
http://download.openoffice.org/2.2.0/index.html  . You should be able to
download it and install it from there.

Not knowing where you got your disk from, it's possible that your disk was
corrupted.

In addition Windows 98 is no longer supported by Windows for security updates,
and is considered obsolete.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]