On 04/23/2007 07:20 AM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> On Monday 23 April 2007 10:11, my mailbox was graced by a missive
>  from Jim Allan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> who wrote:
>
>> (The difference of the inch between US international measurement
>> and US survey measurement is too small to matter in respect
>> to measurements of paper used within OpenOffice.org.)
>
> Cannot find on the web any reference to "US survey measurement".
>
> What is it ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

http://ts.nist.gov/WeightsAndMeasures/Publications/appxc.cfm
 http://ts.nist.gov/WeightsAndMeasures/Publications/appxc.cfm#4d

For folks discussing US measurements; this might be of interest:
 http://ts.nist.gov/WeightsAndMeasures/pubs.cfm
  http://ts.nist.gov/WeightsAndMeasures/upload/SP_447.pdf
[NIST SP 447, Weights and Measures Standards of the United States, A
Brief History, (1976)]