Francis Mandewah escribió:
I am suing windows 98.  I am using WordPad to create my document. The error
message I get is; " OpenOffice.org cannot be started due to an error in
accessing the OpenOffice.org configuration data."

Are you sure that you are using WordPad?.
This is not a WordPad error, but an Openoffice one.

I used to write, save and open my documents. Now I can't. Where did this
STUPID OpenOffice Icon comes from??

You probably have installed OpenOffice in your computer.

You must fix it now.

Do we?

There are only two sane options:
a) Uninstall Openoffice and continue using WordPad
b) Update your Openoffice version to a newer one.

The error can be fixed but just updating openoffice will be wiser.

Javier.