On Thursday April  26 2007 2:35 pm, phillip stone wrote:
> I have down loaded open office 2.2.  how do I open and begin using
> the word processing or spread sheet?  I am interested in developing
> a form for my office and tabulating some data, separate projects.
> thanks
> Phillip Stone
>
> I just down loaded today.  did not get a registration page.  my
> desktop has the openoffice installation icon on it, upon opening it
> there are many icons with codes I'm not familiar with.  what do I
> do next?

      If you are using XP, you will need to have administrator
privileges to install it. Look for the setup.exe file near the bottom
of those icons. Double click it. It will start the installation
process.
     After the installation is completed, OpenOffice.org should be
located in your start menu in the programs or All programs section.

Dan