I've inserted one comment.

Cheers.

Bill Gradwohl wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 20:17 -0700, TerryJ wrote:
>> Regarding screen refreshing, there is a discussion here:
>> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=49527
>>
> This causes the whole app to disappear showing the desktop instead. I'm
> after just suspending screen flicker - freezing the screen as is -
> during a period of time.
>
> Causing the app to go away is a bit startling to an end user.
>
>> The ruse of creating a blank document to cover the document being
>> processed:
>> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=36652
> OK, but still not "the solution".
>
> Isn't there a way to tell the controller to just stop updating the
> screen?

I don't know.  I'm mildly interested because I have such a macro.  My (lazy)
answer is to change to another workspace to avoid the screen updating.

You could minimise the window:
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/frame/WindowArrange.html
or select a part of the document which does not alter.