Agree with Howard - I've not yet noticed any differences between the
pre-installed OOo 2.2 that shipped with Ubuntu 7.04, and that which I
installed myself on the Windows XP system on my dual-boot machine. Just
wherein do these distinctions lie ? Ms Stuart was something less than
explicit concerning the difficulties she was having with OOo 2.2, but she
did complain about the suite being bloated, surely something that would
apply as well - or as little - to the Windows version as to the one bundled
with Feisty. In what way is the latter «crippled» ?...

Henri

2007/5/13, Howard Coles Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Saturday 12 May 2007 01:29:31 pm jonathon wrote:
> Jennifer Stuart wrote:
> > I'm running OpenOffice version 2.2 on Ubuntu 7.04 and
> > I must say I'm NOT impressed with it.
>
> Based on your description, I suspect that you are using the
> Ubuntu crippled version. Download and install the version
> available from the OpenOffice.org website.

What's crippled about it?

I'm using the version that shipped with Ubuntu 7.04, and I haven't found
any
shortcomings or stability issues yet.  If you know of any I'd like to know
before I run into them.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.