Ummm...

What, exactly about my post led you to believe this was my problem?

I've been adminning Windows boxes for many years.

NoOp wrote:
On 05/11/2007 07:00 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
Guess solution is the same, but look for od*/ot* extensions and change them
to open with program you want
They do not show up in the list of known filetypes (I'm assuming you are talking about the list of file types that show up in the list under Tools > Folder Options > File Types)...

AGAIN:

I've googled until my brain rebooted, but cannot find the command-line command to re-register the file associations?

<http://www.google.com/search?q=file+association+%2BWindows+XP>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

<quote>
To See All File Extensions
1.      On the Tools menu in My Computer or Windows Explorer, click Folder
Options.
2.      Click the View tab.
3.      Clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box.
</quote>