2007/5/14, Larry Kollar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 5/11/07, Moonlight Designs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i really want open office on my mac book but i can't seem to install it.
> is there a tel # i could call to talk to someone? thanks, wendell

Hey Wendell,

What is the problem you're having, specifically?

If you're installing the regular OpenOffice, you need to install X11
first -- it's on your system install disks under Extras or something
similar. You might also try NeoOffice from neooffice.org -- it's a
"forked" project that's a bit more Mac-like but tends to lag OOo by
one revision. I installed both, and use one or the other depending on
my mood. :-)

-- Larry

Hello Wendell

Take a look at the Mac pages on the OpenOffice.org website:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/
in particular the How-To:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/Howto_OOo_2.0_MacOSX_english.pdf

There are different versions of OOo for the Intel and for the PPC Mac
As Larry says, you must install the windowing application X11 to use OOo on
your Mac.
There are different versions of X11 for the Panther (Mac OS X 10.3.x) and
the Tiger (10.4.x)

A native version of OOo for Mac (no more need to use X11, works directly
under the Aqua) will be released somewhere later this year (and make the
rather sterile fork NeoOffice obsolete...)

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.2 RC 4 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger