Hello,

I have a MAC OS X 10.4.9. The processor is a 2GHz Intel Core Duo. Of course that means nothing to me, but I thought it might help you with the question I have.

I have downloaded Open Office Org 2.2.

I am trying to use the database feature in it. I will tell you what I need the database to do for me and I was wondering if you could tell me if it will do it and how. I was using Microsoft Access on my PC. When we purchased the MAC we bought AppleWorks. The database in Appleworks would not work for me.

I need the database to record, Names, Address, Phone etc. Then I need menus in some of the fields where I can make a list of items to choose from, for example: Action Taken: Letter Written, Visited, Not Home, Invitation Sent etc.

Also, I need a comments field that is not limited to a number of characters. I need to be able to update my comments each week.

Is there a how too manual on-line for Open Office? If Open Office will not do what I need above, do you know of any other software I might be able to use?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you so much for your time.

D. Crabtree
Fredericton, NB  Canada