On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 07:37:04PM -0500, Dan Lewis wrote:
> On Tuesday May  29 2007 6:06 am, LES COLEMAN wrote:
> > Help me please.
> >
> >   Can I put Openoffice on a Server and have my users access it via
> > a browser (both Firefox and IE) and have multiusers access it (thus
> > avoiding the need to install the Openoffice software on dozens of
> > different machines)
> >
> >   Does that make sense?
> >
> >   Les Coleman.
>
>      I am not sure whether it makes sense or not. There are
> instructions in the Setup Guide on how to install OOo on a local area
> network (LAN). Is this what you are talking about? The part of the
> program that normally is in the applications folder is installed on
> the server. The workstation part which is normally in the home folder
> is installed in the home folder for each computer.
>
> Dan

        Hi Dan,

        I have seen this LAN installation; never used it.  It makes sense
        to have one OOo-[Latest] server and use my network to access.
        Can I assume that there are instructions that willl be asked to
        reach OO-2.2 on server foo once you are over on server bar?  Or
        are people on machine bar suppose to do something like

        % ssh:bar OO-2.2?

        I just installed 2.2 on a new fast server and want to actually
        *use* it!

        gary