On Monday June  04 2007 5:12 pm, MJL wrote:
> I have downloaded the software of OpenOffice.org. I believe that
> doing this, I should be able to view power point presentations, but
> am still not able to do so, a message comes on asking for the
> product #, etc. which I do not have..........Any suggestions would
> be helpful.   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     Let me guess. You have had a trial copy of MS Office  or at least
PowerPoint on your computer and it is beyond the expiration date. If
so, that is the reason for the message. It is possible that your
windows operating system still associates .doc, .ppt, .pps, and .xls
with that copy of MS Office or PowerPoint. You need to change the
file associations so that OpenOffice.org will be the program
associated with these files.
     The following is assuming that you have already installed
OpenOffice.org:
      For PowerPoint files, browse to one of them. Right click the
file and select Open With from the menu. Find OpenOffice.org (or you
might find Impress) in the list of the window that opens. Click it.
Then click the box at the bottom which is labeled something like:
always use this program to open this type file. Then click OK.

Dan