Hi,

Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
Anthony Chilco wrote:
My reading of the Microsoft download page is that they're offering a filter for Microsoft Office that will allow their users of older versions of Office to open and save in the 2007 formats.
tc

That's exactly what the one I installed (Word 2000) does. Now, if the need ever arises I will be able (hopefully) to open Word 2007 docx format, save as Word 2K and then process the files in OO.o.

Indeed. I confirm. That's the way I can do it, too (with Word 2000).
When opening a .docx file with MS 'Open' XML Converter, the program
which starts is Word and it's not OOoWriter.
There's no way .docx -> .odt -
it's only .docx -> .doc -> .odt (and vice versa, but what is the sense
of doing this?) ...

Manfred