NoOp wrote:

> Interestingly enough Novell, which have their patent protection
> agreement with Microsoft, have such a filter in their version of OOo, see:
>
> http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/03/12/1654255
>
> One wonders why Novell/Suse haven't released this as an opensource
> add-in that any linux OOo user can use? Perhaps they have... does anyone
> know?

AFAIK there is a patch in preparation that basically can be used to
integrate the "converter" into OOo. Using it still would need the
converter bits itself but that should be doable.

Besides that developers from Sun and Novell are working together on
"native" OOo filters for die OOXML formats. Reports about ongoing work
and hints where filter milestone builds can be downloaded will pop up on
the GullFOSS blogs at times.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".