Adriaan,

I am a little confused...

Did you go to http://www.8daysaweek.co.uk/ because you password protected a document and forgot the password? This site was setup (I think) to support people who purchased their disks. It is a nice site, by the way.

Are you registered at the site?

Although they will provide good support there, if you lost the password for a document, you will probably have to guess password after password. It takes a long time to do. At least one macro was written to attempt to break a document, but a brute force approach can take a long long time. By this, I mean it could take years. IF you have a vague notion as to the password, a macro can be used much faster than you can do it by hand. I might have posted a password busting package on the oooforum, I do not remember. It is not really practical, however. Very slow.

Adriaan Nikken wrote:
sorry to bother you folks, I tried to register in the 8 days a week .co.uk but the page that the zip code was on came up at first (I thought it was for admin purposes) ... but then the page with the zip code did not come back. The reason I tried to register in the first place is because I am running Ubuntu 6.10 and open office and i forgot the password in one of the files that I need. I have been in linuxquestions.org repeatedly posting stuff, but I am yet to find a solution. I can send you the file I think, I would appreciate some help. I am running a HP zv5000, ubuntu 6.10 I am a newbie
thank you for your time
~

skype account is: frugalfinnagan
--------------------------------- Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.