From: Brian Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Sent: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 1:15 pm
Subject: Re: [users] filter selection

At 02:23 21/06/2007 -0400, Hemanth wrote:?

>The file is fine and opens on RHEL-WS-4 with same version of
>openoffice-2.0.0, the filter selection dialog box open only for .doc
>, If I open the .txt it does not open filter selection dialog box it
>works fine, I even If try to open file->new->text it opens filter
>selection dialog box, Any info on this or can please/some body point
>me where I went wrong.?

>?

>Regards,?

>Hemanth?
?

If you really get the filter selection dialogue when you try to open
a new text (Writer) document, the problem can indeed not be with any
.doc file you might also have.  *I'm guessing here*, but the only
thing I can think OpenOffice is trying to open at this point is the
default template.  Have you perhaps configured a default template for
text documents that has subsequently become corrupted?  I suspect
that, if you had, this is exactly the behaviour that one would expect.?
?

The obvious test, of course, is to reset the default template for
text documents.  To do this:?

o  Go to File | Templates > | Organise... .?

o  Right-click on any folder in the left window and select Reset
Default Template > | Text Document.?

o  Select Close.?
?

Does that solve the problem?  If so, you will now need to create a
new copy of whatever template you were using and save that as your
new default, of course.?
?

I trust this helps.?
?