NoOp wrote:
On 06/20/2007 02:37 PM, James Knott wrote:
Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
Patricia Scott wrote:
I've read on your website that OpenOffice.org applications can open
and save
documents in MS Office but does it work the other way around?

I'm about to graduate and I don't want to find that a CV or report
produced
in OpenOffice can't be read by a prospective employer!!
For a report or a CV you might want to consider exporting as PDF. By
definition *your* CV should be writeable only by yourself, not by
potential employers! OpenOffice.org has excellent support for PDF
export and any employer who can't read a PDF file is probably not
worth your time.

Actually many employers import Word, RTF or plain text documents into a
database, which is then used for the hiring process.

If they only accept Word then you probably wouldn't want to work there
anyway :-)

Exactly! That's certainly what governed my approach during my working life and I never found it to be a handicap in the computer industry.

Peter HB