I have a Windows XP that has 12.6 GBs of memory used out of it's full 33.7GBs. It was brand-new when I got it, but that was in November of 2005. It has never had any problems, and this soffice.bin gets me angry when I write my stories and whatnot and it freezes, not even saving my work. And is the 'Recovery' thing it does when the window is closed by accident supposed to give me the thing I did UNSAVED? That's annoying. I click 'recover document' and it brings back the old saved version, not my recent words added and stuff.
CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Saturday 30 June 2007, + Caitlin Neese wrote: > I have already previously purchased OpenOffice 2.2 on the internet (via > Google). Shouldn't that count as the OpenOffice disk as well as the > downloadable software? I think it said that it did, but I deleted the email > already. I can't remember, but I think it said something about mailing me > something home... but that could just be me; sorry. Since OpenOffice.org is completely free there is no reason to buy it on CDROM unless it is easier for you than downloading it. > Soffice.bin crashes regularly, freezing what I'm doing and occasionally > ridding me of my written works and whatnot. Is it a spelling-involved > thing? I've begun to not use it at all. This is very strange. What operating system are you using WindowsXP, Windows98, OSX, Linux, or something else ? How much memory(RAM) does you computer have ? Please reply to [email protected] only -- CPH : openoffice.org contributor Maybe your question has been answered already? http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ --------------------------------- Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.
