--- Gary Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Actually the filter you mention for OpenOffice
> from Novell will only work with
> > Novell version of OOo so I'm told. It will not
> open xlsx documents yet. I've
> > used it sucessfully to send and recieve docx
> documents from Openoffice on
> > SUSE 10.2 (Novell) linux.
> >

> Do you know if M$ have released patches to allow
> Office XP or Office 2003 to read the new formats?
> Or is this an "upgrade if you want to stay
> in the loop" deal?

It's worse.  I was talking to a lady who actually paid
for Orifice 2007.  She was supposed to load it on all
her three computers.  She was most disappointed when
she found Orifice 2007 will only run on Window$ Vi$ta
operating system.

You can't just upgrade your word processor, you have
to upgrade your OS, and if your computer is a little
old, you have to buy a new one.

People are starting to see why I don't like Bill Gates
and Micro$oft!

Colin.