On 07/06/2007 06:48 AM, Alister Lownie wrote:
> Thanks for the advice so far:
>
> 1) changing the OOo Temp directory doesn't help
> 2) the problem only seems to happen with saved files -- a new file that
> hasn't been saved doesn't seem to suffer from it (although perhaps I
> just haven't encountered that yet).
> 3) I now have the problem on another computer: this one is running OOo
> 2.2.0 on XPSP2. That seems to rule out a memory error on my computer only.
>
> The only thing that I can think of that would link the behaviour on both
> PCs is that they have the CA Security Suite running on them. Might
> there be a conflict with that? (Although they've had that running with
> OOo for a long time and no problems.)

Well this has me stumped.  The CA Security Suite might be an issue, but
I wouldn't jump to that just yet. I typically do not run Windows, but
when I do (dual boot system) I also have it run CA, so if I get a chance
later I'll boot into Windows w/CA to see if I can reproduce.  By any
chance can you email a copy of a document that you've experience this on
to me directly? [nothing confidential please] I have a couple of linux
test machines that I can leave up for many hours to see if I can
reproduce on linux. If nothing else, I also have another machine that I
can boot to WinXP w/CA and try.

Gary