On 07/06/2007 05:11 PM, Joe Conner wrote:
> May I remind you all, once again, that you can download MicroSoft
> Office legitimately FOR FREE. See MicroSoft's download center:
> http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/default.aspx?view=22&pcid=9d273393-92c9-4807-be9c-515a0d152415

Well yes you can Joe. But perhaps it's worth reminding you that you can
only download as *trial* software. So then you send the OP the link (why
I don't know), they download it & run it for awhile, and then come back
here asking "how can I open these MSO documents in MSO 2007 .xdoc etc.,
that I've created now that the MSO trial has run out?".

I see *no* reason to send anyone off to a MS trial software site, do
you? I suppose that we could answer PDF questions by sending folks off
to Adobe's Acrobat trial link, or as we (tinw) seem to do for Publisher
questions by immediately sending them off to Scribus without even asking
what they are trying to do in Publisher that perhaps OOo can easily do
(oft times better).

After all, this is an *OOo* users list, why should anyone here take the
time to refer an OP to a MS *trial software* link?