Jan Sax wrote:
"Andrew Douglas Pitonyak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I would use 20070710222201
What DATE might that string represent?
July 10, 2007, at 22:22:01.00

I use the format so that I can send files around and they will fort using an ASCII sort. The standard does not require delimiters. All my files are in the same time zone, but unless you bother to insert the time zone information, the format YYYY-MM-DD etc... is still useless unless I know for certain who sent me the file and what time zone they happen to be in (Yeah, I deal with that and it is annoying. I ask for data in GMT, but what do I get? Look, the data arrived before it was sent... <grumble grumble> )

This site has some good information on 8601

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Do you speak Esperanto?
No, ISO 8601 (and a couple of foreign languages as well).
Based on the strength of your statements, I assumed that I might find you at one of the Esperanto meetings.
Regards,
Jan

Jan Sax wrote:
Sorry, wrong message date at the end, should read 2007-07-04

"Jan Sax" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schreef in bericht news:...

I would use 20070710222201

Strongly worded... Do you speak Esperanto?

Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
See Also: http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/index.html