On 07/11/2007 07:20 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am new user/trainer to OpenOffice, not a developer. I have been
> researching and testing quite a bit with my Word documents, but would
>  appreciate some help. My question is this:
>
> Our Police Department has over 200 templates done in Word. A template
>  consists of headers and footers, some text and many fields that the
> user fills in. The document is protected, except for the fields that
> can be filled in by tabbing from field to field. They like the
> ability to tab from field to field to fill out the form easily.
>
> Is there anything in OpenOffice that will allow you to tab to the
> fill-in fields? I have worked with the input fields, but could not do
> this without the use of the  mouse to open and close a dialog box.
> Thanks for your help!

You can assign certain keys to various functions. For this test we'll
assign F4 (instead of Tab) to move between the fill-in fields. Try this
on one of your templates/forms:

1. Select Tools|Customize|Keyboard

Category                Function
Navigate                To Next Bookmark

2. Now in Shortcut keys section scroll up and click on 'F4'
3. Click the 'Modify' button then 'OK'

Now in your form if you press F4 you will go to the next fill-in field.
You can also set a key to go back to the previous bookmark etc.
Note: don't both with Next Input Field etc as that will bring up the
field text editor rather than moving you to the next bookmark.

Let us know if that works.

Gary