On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:56:22 -0700
"Christian Einfeldt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The top border of the strip is the top of the envelope.  The bottom
> border of the strip is 8 mm (5/6th inch) from the top of the envelope.  The
> rest of my return address is situated below that strip.  I just need to
> print specific info into that 8mm wide strip.  OOo won't let me do that.

That sounds more like an issue with your printer driver than with OpenOffice
itself.  More specifically, with the un-printable print margins that the
printer can't print into.

As you say that it works with your old setup, that means that it's not a
hardware limitation of the printer.

You may be able to fiddle the CUPS configuration (http://localhost:631) to
reduce or eliminate the un-printable margins.

Alternatively, have you considered creating your envelopes in landscape mode
and running the envelopes through sideways?

You may also be able to get away with specifying a larger sheet size than your
envelopes actually are, in order to force it to print into the "unprintable
area".