NoOp wrote:
On 07/24/2007 08:57 AM, Anthony Chilco wrote:
Hi Roger, I'd beg to differ. The warning states that formatting and content may be lost. CSV format by nature is 'flat', that is, it cannot contain more than one sheet of data. Perhaps the warning needs
 to be more specific. In Excel, saving a CSV, whether save or save
as, brings up a warning that specifically states that only the
current sheet will be saved. tc

Calc provides a warning after the sheet was saved:

"Warning saving the document Untitled: Only the active sheet was saved.

You don't get this message if the original file was a CSV.

The existing spreadsheet is still available to be saved as an .ods.

As you say; there is nothing wrong with Calc w/regards to CSV, it works
as it is supposed to & as documented.

I find the more detailed warning in Excel annoying, because I know that I'm only saving the current sheet. For inexperienced users, it may be a necessary addition. This is one of those 'We should be at least as good as MSO' issues.
tc