[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have recently downloaded Open Office 2.2.1 (free) from internet website which was successful. Problem is, it is the USA version of English which, if inserting dates on documents, uses the American version. Is it possible to overwrite this version with UK English or do I have to delete this version and download a different one? Hope you can help,
Regards
Gordon Rhys Williams
Tel: 01244 550779 or Mobile phone: 07948 550290
Date formats for input are taken from the "locale" setting within your Operating System. On the assumption you are using Windows, open the Control Panel and ensure the Regional Options are set correctly. If you change these, you will need to reboot.

Once you have done this, run, say Writer and go to Tools>Options>Language Settings>Languages and ensure that Locale, Decimal Separator and Currency are set to "Default". Also ensure that the Default Language for Documents is set to English (UK). You may need to download a UK English dictionary to get your documents correctly spell checked. Do this via File>Wizards>Install New Dictionaries.

**Please note** this is a public e-mail list read by many hundreds of people and archived in a public place. You may therefore decide in future not to include personal details such as phone numbers.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England