On 06/08/07, Concepts 101 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HI
>   Im Using Open offic 2.2, just recently downloaded.
>   I have a ASPX file which I downloaded from a title company website, and
> Im trying to open it in CALC since it cann be a editable spredsheet, and it
> ends up opening in writer as a chart.
>
>   I tried going to Open with and browsing to the cac program but it will
> not open in Calc
>   can You help me?
>   thanks
>   dr
>

> ---------------------------------

According to http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/aspx   an aspx file would
normally be opened in a web browser as it is a form of HTML. So, a few
things you could try:

1. Let Writer open your file and then copy/paste the data into Calc.

2. Open the file with Internet Explorer (or whichever web browser you use)
and copy/paste into Calc

3. Open with either Writer or IE and then copy/paste into a *genuine* text
editor: Notepad if you have nothing better but *not* Wordpad, which isn't a
real *text* editor. You should now have raw data with no formatting.
Copy/paste the relevant data into Calc. If the file is too big for Notepad,
Google for a freeware text editor that runs on Windows.

4. Download and install the freeware program Arachnophilia:
http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index.html and open the file with
that. Then copy/paste the raw data into Calc. Be careful with Arachnophilia.
The software is good but it's author caustically objects to being asked any
question that is answered in his extensive documentation and/or FAQs

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England