That's why it's best in MS Works, depending on the version, to save text files
as rtf, doc or text. If you had MS Works on your old computer, you most likely
have a disc. You may not think you have MS Works, because it usually resides on
a disk labeled MS Word. If you don't have the disk, perhaps a friend has it,
since so many computers were shipped with MS Works.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:  On Saturday 04 August 2007 02:45:49 Callum Coats
wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I've just downloaded and installed yesterday what must be your
> latest version of Open Office (OpenOffice.org 2.2).
>
> All my recent writings, correspondence and spreadsheets have been
> written on my old, now defunct computer, using Microsoft MS
> Works. While I can access my spreadsheets OK, I cannot access any
> text files with the .wps extension. This is a huge problem and so
> I ask how I can overcome it quickly, as I am presently unable to
> retrieve any of my earlier data in any useful or readable fashion
> and need to do so urgently.
>
> Looking forward to your early respopnse,
>
> Yours faithfully,
>
> Callum Coats

The only software application that can read .wps files is MS Works
even other Microsoft applications cannot read them.

--
http://24.197.142.167/ See the Openoffice.org FAQ
Microsoft users go to http://www.pclinuxos.com for a great user